Real Estate Sales and Purchases
Experienced and Knowledgeable
Real Estate Lawyer
The purchase or sale of a home or condominium is often one of the largest financial transactions you will make. It is important to be represented by an experienced professional who can protect your interests and obtain full value for your investment.
We will make your real estate transaction as easy as possible for you. We will advise you as to local customs that affect residential transfers, answer your questions and negotiate the purchase and sales agreement.
Real Estate Purchase Lawyer
In a Residential Real Estate Purchase we will:
- Review the mortgage commitment and advise you of any issues that may arise from it
- Arrange for a title and municipal search of the property and obtain title insurance policies as may be required.
- Prepare and review mortgage documents and work with your lender to satisfy any other closing requirements. We will explain the legal significance of all documents.
- Prepare the closing statement, calculate closing adjustments and review all figures with you prior to closing.
- Make a full account of all funds used in the transaction.
- Attend the closing as your representative; review all sellers’ attorney’s paperwork and record all appropriate documents.
Real Estate Sale Attorney
In a Residential Real Estate Sale we will:
- Review title to the property and advise buyer’s attorney of any encumbrances.
- Arrange to obtain pay-off figures and release the current mortgage on the property.
Obtain affidavits for unpaid mortgages under CGS 49-89 and recover penalties if appropriate.
- Prepare the closing statement, calculate adjustments and review all figures with you prior to closing.
- Prepare a deed to transfer the property as well as any other investments affecting conveyance of your title and review the documents with the buyer’s attorney.
- Attend the closing as your representative; forward mortgage, payoff funds and issue you your net proceeds funds.
During the past few years there has been a marked increase in foreclosures throughout the country, including Fairfield County. Along with the increase in foreclosures an increase in Short Sales is also occurring. In a Short Sale transaction or Foreclosure preceding we will:
- Analyze the property valuation
- Contact the lender
- Work with you to provide the lender with a hardship letter, financial statement, supporting financial information and all other required documentation
- Negotiate the terms of the short sale/foreclosure transaction with the lender
- Addend the closing as your representative and disperse funds as appropriate